What is the Liebster Blog Award?
After some research, the “Liebster Award” is the recognition of bloggers by other bloggers. Apparently, the name is derived from the German word that means “beloved, or dear”. The receiver nominates several others who can then nominate several others, and so forth.
How It Happened?
Now that I summarized what it is let me just say……….. Omg omg omg!!!
Let me tell y’all how hype I am. So yesterday I was having a rough day. I’ve been sick and my oldest has been sick as well. He couldn’t even go to school for his Christmas play. Work was a struggle and I was just beat. Now I had received notifications on my phone from WordPress but I didn’t have to really look at it. So any-who, I’m on the bus headed home and feeling defeated when I decided to pull out my phone and check my notification. Low and behold there was a message from Talks With Tati telling me how much she enjoyed my blogs and that she linked a few to her page. So that alone puts a smile on my face. So I check out her page and I see she’s been nominated. I’m hype like “Yasssss!!! Girl get it!” I’ve read a few of her blogs and really connected with them so I’m hyped for her and to see she was nominated by yet another favorite blogger of mine Pages of Paige I’m even more hype because I love them both and I really believe they both deserve it. But wait as I keep reading I see 👀👀👀 Favorite Blog Sm00chezzz💋💋💋 and I’m like “OH SHIT, that’s MEEEEE!!!” Loud on the back of the bus in my own world. I continue to read what she wrote about my blog and my heart just melted. To see another blogger whom I myself admire acknowledging me and appreciating my work was an honor. I’m so appreciative and for this, you have no idea how much that meant to me. Thank You yet again. So now I’m screen-shotting it and sending it to all my friends and posting it on my page like yassssss, someone is out there paying attention to little ole me. 😢😢😢
So once again THANK YOU Tati !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Favorite Blog???
My favorite blog would have to be Pages of Paige. Although I’ve just recently started to follow her. I feel her post are so touching. I feel a connection and I can see myself in her place as I read her post. Thoughts I have of my own she writes them out loud for the world to see. I get excited every time I see a new blog post notification from her. Her posts make me feel like I’m on the phone talking with my best friend. Just comfortable and open. She genuine and I love that. I thank you for allowing me to be apart of your blogging journey.
10 Facts About Me
- I am a single mother of two boys who are the best things that have ever happened to me
- My Favorite Era is and will always be the 90’s (music, tv, clothes, toys, books….. just basically all things 90’s)
- I can’t go a day without music or else I will malfunction
- I love pork (bacon, salami, pernil, pork tacos, u name it I’m down)
- I’m what I like to call a “Sensitive Thug” (I can be very tough but deep down I’m very emotional)
- I’m the most Socially antisocial person in the word (I love people and attention but also love to be alone)
- My favorite movies are The Wiz and The Notebook
- I am obsessed with bubble baths and bath bombs (especially the ones with rings inside of them and the ones that change the color of the water), and candles
- My favorite blog that I have written would be the To What and to Whom do we Measure Life???
- I believe in supporting and uplifting those around me especially my fellow women
So I’ve been on cloud 9 all day today and now its time to do the same for someone else……
My Nominations Go To:
- Living4meunapologetically She and I found each other on Facebook through a blogger group. I instantly loved her page as soon as I saw it. As we started to get to know each other I’ve realized that we are both very similar. I look forward to working with her.
- Lady E This young lady is a new blogger. We both started around the same time with our blogs. We are actually cousins and while I was contemplating blogging in the begin she was the one who suggested WordPress to be a good fit for me.
- A’SISTA This blogger post about some real eye-opening stories. Stories about the things that really has happened and that happens more than we know. I love how open and honest she is.
- That Former SideKick Girl Was one of my very first reads here on WordPress. Her name alone intrigued me. My favorite post from her would have to be Can I Still Be Sexy After Marriage
- Damn Girl Get Your Shit Together I absolutely love her page. She is so real and I first started following her after reading her post Fuck High Heels I mean who wouldn’t click on a post with that title right!? Welp, I loved it and it made me feel better about my struggle with heels after two children.
- Angelica Fetishes Now this blogger is a must follow. When you need a little spice in your life she will definitely come through for you with her post.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and posts a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award(image) on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here as well.)
Once you have written and published it, you then have to Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your blog