So we are half way through this challenge. Who would have thought it would go by this fast. Surely not I. For those of you just joining here are the links to the previous Challenge Post.
- Day 1 Mint, Cucumber, and Lemon
- Day 3 Orange, Strawberry, and Basil
- Day 5 Rasberry, Lime, Coconut, and Basil
As you can see I do not post every day. Instead, I post every other day but still manage to cover all days. Also, each post is strategically done on what I like to call the Switch Up Day. This simply means that every other day I introduce a different type of Detox water. So yesterday was a continuation of Day 5 was Rasberry, Lime, Coconut, and Basil. Below is a Proof Pics of Day 6.
For Day 7 I’ve switched it up a little bit and call it the Island Tox. This consist of Mango, Ginger, and Mint. I’m halfway through Day 7 and I have to tell you, I’m loving this flavor combination. Although I’ve been born and raised here in NYC Island is in my blood and I absolutely love ginger. I swear ginger is the remedies of just about anything. The sweetness of the mango mixed with the tangy ginger and a hint of mint I swear you cant go wrong.
Water is a purifier, replenisher, and hydrator. It helps flush out toxins in the body.
Mango aides in digestion, boost your memory as well as your metabolism and increases your sex drive.
Ginger boosts your metabolism and is a natural pain reliever (example migraines and menstrual cramps).
Mint soothes the stomach and reduces inflammation.
- Doctors recommend 8 glasses of water (64 ounces) daily
- Always wash off your fruits and herbs before adding to your water
- Herbs have a strong flavor and may overpower your water (a little can go a long way)
- Let your detox/infused water chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1hrs
- Freezing it can help cut time in half
- Detox/ Infuse water can last up 2-3 days
- Berries and herbs will start to disintegrate within 1-2 days while oranges, lemons, limes, and cucumbers will last longer than the other fruits.
*Please Don’t Forget to Follow Me Here as well as Instagram and Facebook.Your support is truly appreciated!
***You all are welcome to take the challenge with me. You can start today you can start tomorrow. Just start. It’s always fun to do it with others rather than alone. The more the merrier. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. If you have allergies/limitations shoot me an email and I will send you a list of substitutions.