Today is day 9 and switch up day as well as back to work day. I must be honest with you guys I was not excited for today’s detox water challenge. I was really craving some orange juice or cranberry juice this morning to go with my breakfast, but i opted for a small hot green tea no sugar. It wasn’t what I wanted with my breakfast but It would have to do. I normally don’t like green tea but it was a change from fruit infused water so I dealt with it. Now, don’t get me wrong I love this whole detox challenge and I intend on not only finishing my 14 days but also incorporating it into my daily routine afterward, but I just had a taste for something more. Since my blog is all about truth I figured I’d share this with you. I’m not an everything is sunshine and skittles type of girl in the way plus I figured maybe others are feeling this way so it is best, to be honest, that way no one feels alone. Its perfectly normal to feel this way were your doing the detox challenge with me or dieting or even just working out. So, don’t get discourage lets still work through it and get it done.
So, Yesterday was day 8 and I continued with my Ginger, Mango, Mint from Day 7. As I said in the last post I love ginger so that was a plus for me. The mango flavor at first was prominent but died down after a while and as for the mint flavor, I didn’t taste it much. I think I could have added more mint to it and it would have a strong tasted to it but the bunch I had started to wilt so I had to discard most of it. Here is the Proof Pic below.
Now, for day 9 I went with the Kiwi, Pear, and Lemon. After I got over my morning funk as I like to call it and I actually tasted this detox mix I must say it was quite good. Maybe even a favorite of the 5 I’ve done thus far. Let’s see how I feel drinking it a second time tomorrow. Below are the reasons I chose this combination.
- Kiwi is a superfood and is packed with vitamins A and E which help prevent free radicals as well as certain types of cancer. Kiwis also help flush out toxins from the colon, which improves your overall health and well being.
- Pears are an excellent source of dietary fiber, which is essential for a healthy digestive system. They also contain rich vitamins and minerals including vitamins A, B1, B2, C, E, folate, niacin, copper, phosphorus, and potassium.
- Lemons are a natural detoxifier and can also aid wit bloating and fluid retention.
- Water is a purifier, replenisher, and hydrator. It helps flush out toxins in the body.
- Doctors recommend 8 glasses of water (64 ounces) daily
- Always wash off your fruits and herbs before adding to your water
- Herbs have a strong flavor and may overpower your water (a little can go a long way)
- Let your detox/infused water chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1hrs
- Freezing it can help cut time in half
- Detox/ Infuse water can last up 2-3 days
- Berries and herbs will start to disintegrate within 1-2 days while oranges, lemons, limes, and cucumbers will last longer than the other fruits.
Follow my blog page if you aren’t already doing so to get updates on my journey to a healthier me!